skinnyhound on Etsy.com

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Featured Seller #3 - GlassCube

So I have been super swamped the past few days and haven't gotten around to blogging! Sorrrry! Anyway, our third featured seller is GlassCube ! GlassCube makes wonderful and unique glass bowls, dishes, and sculptures. Looking through this shop you can tell a lot of thought and love went into each piece.




 These pieces can work either as dishes for bread or fruits, or just gorgeous sculptures around the house that wonderfully accent the rest of your home decor.



So what does GlassCube have to say for themselves?

1. What is the name and web address of your shop (pick any of your shops that you prefer to be promo'ed)?
GlassCube - http://www.glasscube.etsy.com

2. How did you learn about Etsy?
I actually learned about Etsy several years ago when I was trying my hand at making purses. ( I know its far from glass! ) One of my fellow coworkers turned me on to etsy as a good way to get your name out there and meet other sellers that make handmade items. I fell in love with it instantly and have been using it every since!

3. What has been the most difficult thing you have encountered since becoming a seller?
The most difficult thing for me has been figuring out how to advertise. You have to put an investment into your shop if you want it to take off. For most of us this is not an easy task! It is an ongoing balance of trying to make a profit, buying new supplies, funding advertisements, and finding the RIGHT advertisements!

4. What are your plans for the future of your shop?
I plan to keep growing my shop. I always try to stretch the boundaries and learn new techniques. My next adverture is going to be making glass vases. I have all of the supplies ready to go and cant wait to get the items up!

5. How do you keep your shop fresh?
Constantly trying new things. I make fused glass art much different than most artists. My technique of using glass frit, making glass sculptures, etc is unlike any other artists that I have found. Hopefully when fused glass buyers view my shop they are always welcomed with a sense of uniqueness and freshness...even if it is not their style!

6. How are you promoting yourself and your shop?
So far I am promoting myself by advertising on two different blogs: "Lace and Tea", and "Try Handmade". I also post all of my new items on my facebook and twitter accounts.

7. What is your life like beyond Etsy?
Full! I am a full time Process Engineer at a manufacturing company. I reduce waste and variation in the process and do a lot of statistical analysis. I live with my boyfriend Joe and our two dogs: Moose and Chelsea. We just love our life! 


Well there you have it!! Check out the GlassCube's shop on Etsy!
If you wish to be a featured seller, please email sarah@skinnyhound.com, and send a freebie to be critiqued in this blog to:

Handmade Hound by skinnyhound
10270 East Taron Drive #266
Elk Grove, CA 95757

You will be promoted and featured in my blog, your item will be critiqued, and you will receive a premium ad-space good for one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment